Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolutions

Yeah, yeah, it's that time of year when people make resolutions that they will eventually break. Haha! I believe, whether you keep one or none of what you have in your list, having resolutions make you feel you are off to a fresh start, nonetheless.

I've never gotten the habit of literally making a list.  It's just a mental list of around 3 things I plan (or hope!) in the coming months.

I declare this year to be my ME YEAR.  A year to put more focus on myself and what I want to do (the past 2 years have been all about the kapitan and everything else have been taken a backseat - no regrets, but it's time to move forward):

*I resolve to be fit (aka keep the pounds away and build stamina to keep up with a growing toddler).  I am proud to say that I've had a head start and started going to the gym regularly beginning last quarter of last year.

*I want to learn something new this year.  Still figuring out what that would be --- an new language, a sport, a skill.  Whatever it is, I am looking forward to it.

*I will feed my soul again and revive my passion for teaching.  I don't know how, but I will.  I have some ideas already. :)

There you go.  I hope to look back to this post and be able to say 2 out of 3 is not bad. :)

Happy 2011!

Oh and I hope to start taking baby steps in being able to travel with my hubby again, without the kapitan in tow.  Kahit sa Tagaytay lang. Haha!

No comments: