Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This has got to stop...

...my food obsession, that is.

Lately, I've been into chocolates. In any form -- bar, pastry, drink (hot and cold), dips, ice cream, cereal, etc. I'd have it for breakfast, am snack, lunch, pm snack, dinner and mn snack.

For some reason, I suddenly craved for dark chocolate coated raisins. I know Raisinets carry his variant, but I couldn't find it here in the country. I've asked family and friends who have travelled to look for some for me. To no avail. However, I couldn't let this craving go. So what do I do? I make my own.
Now, this is unusual. Not normal at all. Me? Concoct something? Something sweet at that! I like to cook, but I am not one who will make/bake desserts. I just don't have the patience for it. But this craving was an exemption.

To end my obsession, I suddenly find myself melting chocolate chips and bars on my make shift double boiler, dipping my raisins into the melted choco, letting it sit, chilling it and eating it! I even threw in some marshmallows in there! I must say, it did satisfy and end this crazy craving of mine. Plus, it made me a little proud of myself for churning out something I never imagined I would. Now, if only I can improve the visual appeal of this creation. How do you make the coating smooth and round like those we buy in the market?

Ah well. Moving on.

Unfortunately, this obsession resulted in gaining 5lbs within 2 weeks! Much to the dismay of my OB-GYN. Uh-oh. Not only that. I just read that one way to alleviate heartburn (which is normal in this stage of pregnancy), is to avoid chocolates. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I never thought avoiding chocolates can be a challenge! But, I have managed. Whew!

I think I am over my chocolate craving. However, I think it's because Krispy Kreme has taken over (which is surprising, since my school is located right abover Krispy Kreme's flagship store. it's never been a novelty for me. what with all the freebies they gave us and the numerous field trips we've taken there, and arriving in school together with their delivery van, i have grown sick of it.). Oh no.

Now, wish me luck.

No comments: