Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

"As a new baby is born, so is a father".

I guess because of obvious reasons, pregnancy is always about the mommy-to-be. What will all the extra care and attention given to the woman, it's easy to forget that the man goes through his own changes as well. Besides, who does the woman first call on whenever she needs or wants something -- a back rub, food craving, complain about various discomforts, share excitement and anxiety, check-ups, and lots more.

Admittedly, it's easy to get lost in all these and forget the fact you're not the only one going through the pregnancy.

So today, allow me to acknowledge the man who's been going (and still going) through all the ups and downs of pregnancy with me. MY HUSBAND, soon-to-be father, Myke.

Happy Father's Day, Myke. I can't wait to see you take on the role of being Dad to our baby boy. I'm sure you'll be great!

Practicing during our childbirth class. So adorable!

No comments: