Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Waiting Game

During my last check-up, my OB said, "Well, all we have to do now is wait." She went on saying that this is actually the "longest" stage of pregnancy. She's right.

I have been going crazy trying to find things to do around the house just to keep myself busy -- cook (despite the unbearable heat), fix the nursery (there isn't really much to fix anymore, aside from a few more stuff, the only thing missing now is the baby :)), created a blog for our baby boy (sorry, it's by invitation only. leave me a message and your email address if you wish to view it. i must say, it's pretty cute!), reading up on labor, delivery, parenting & breastfeeding, print pictures and put them in an album, change the photos displayed in our place, etc., etc. I have even started packing my hospital bag with still a month of waiting to go! I even told a fellow pregnant friend/childbirth class classmate, that I might just start repainting our place any moment now.

You see, I have been on leave since May. After teaching summer class last April, the next class for me would be this June (the opening of the next school year), which obviously I can't do anymore. Imagine how much time I have but with very limited options of what I can do!

Ironically, it being Independence Day today, I find myself listing things that I miss doing (read: things I can't do or avoid doing) and SO long to do once the baby arrives (I wish.).

*I miss sleeping on my back and tummy. Heck, I miss having a good night's sleep!
*I miss travelling.
*I miss going on long weekend getaways.
*I miss going to school -- teaching and being with my kids and co-teacher.
*I miss eating oysters!!!
*I miss eating street food -- fish balls, squid balls, isaw, balut, etc.
*I miss drinking coffee!!! (Decaf isn't the same)
*I miss wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes -- especially my jeans!
*I miss wearing sneakers and closed shoes.
*I miss getting a massage (the real deal! not those meant for pregnant women.).
*I miss wearing my contact lenses (eyeglasses are just inconvenient).
*I miss (gasp!) driving!
*I miss swimming.
*I miss watching a movie without having to go on a bathroom break.
*I miss going to the beach!
*I miss having a flat tummy (uh. duh!).
*I miss talking walks without having to deal with sore feet and an aching back.
*I miss gorging on junkfood.
*I miss my occasional cigarette puffs.
*I miss playing Wii Sports!
*I miss feeling cool and breezy (summer and pregnancy just don't go together!).
*I miss watching concerts.

Sigh. I'm sure I can still add a lot more to this list. The good thing about thinking about this is that it takes my mind away from the anxiety of giving birth. Haha!

No comments: