Friday, July 24, 2009

Reminder to Self

A few weeks back, Tiago was sick. It was a viral (as usual) infection than manifested as high fever. It was nothing to worry about, our pedia said. I wasn't.

I was complaining a lot, though. Complaining that all my plans for the week were cancelled because I had to stay home. Complaining that I couldn't work because I had to be beside my son. Complaining that I was feeding all night long. Etc., etc.

Then I sneaked in some time to log-in on Facebook and saw a few status lines saying they'd rather be home to be with their child - sick or otherwise.

I wanted to whack myself on the head and ask myself what was I complaining about. I have it good! More than good, for that matter. I get paid to work from home, even if I'm not teaching now, I still get to be involved in school activities, bring my son to his classes and playdates, be with my son at home, occasionally have lunch with friends, etc., etc.

I should really be saying gratitude more than complaints.

Yeah, my life is great. Thank You, Lord. :)

2 comments:

30something_mama said...

Exactly anne! You have nothing to complain about. Your life is evolving as it should.

It takes time to realize it though :) mommy na mommy ka na anne! hehe.

Rabbit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE! Tried e-mailing you but both addresses bounced. Oops. Hope you're doing great!