Thursday, November 04, 2010

My Life...2 Years After.

It's been a little over a year since I gave birth to my first (and probably only --- but that's another story) born. It's a cliche to say it, but it has been a helluva crazy ride. So much has changed! Here's one.

Our little kapitan has started school this year.  This is a major milestone on so many levels.

First, it's the only activity he goes to by himself vs his other parent-child classes.  Initially, I was worried that he might be too clingy and cry himself to exhaustion (I've seen this happen in my years of teaching!) when I leave him in his classroom. Surprisingly, he adjusted quickly! Very quickly!  I admit, I felt a slight prick thinking "Gosh, he doesn't need me anymore!"  I think he did a better job adjusting!  Hahaha!

Him being in school means a few hours a week of me time. I get to work in peace.  Have breakfast leisurely.  Read a book. And my favorite, make tunganga. If you are a mother, you know this kind of peace and quiet is a luxury!

I told myself that when Tiago starts going to school, I will go back to teaching.  We would be going to school together!  How convenient is that?  Thing is, I might have had a change of heart.  I think I prefer being a  being parent.  I enjoy bringing Tiago to school and picking him up after class.  I enjoy participating in school activities, attending parent-teacher conferences, going on field trips, talking to other parents, but this time as Mommy Anne and instead of Teacher Anne.

Ah, how my life has evolved. There is so much more to be shared, but have to park it here for now.  I can hear the kapitan starting to wake up. :)

No comments: